Appropriate Adult Fostering
This course aims to ensure that professionals supporting children are able to represent the child and their agency in a …
This course aims to ensure that professionals supporting children are able to represent the child and their agency in a professional and responsible manner and are able to ensure that the rights of the detained person are observed.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To provide caregivers with a thorough knowledge of the role of an appropriate adult in respect to the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984
- To ensure carers are aware of the rights of young people whilst in police custody
- To identify custody timescales and procedures and the roles of the custody suite personnel
- To assist carers in providing young people with the right level of support whilst in police custody
- To gain an understanding of their roles and responsibilities as an appropriate adult
This Course meets the Training, Support and Development standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011 / 2013.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.