Autism Spectrum Disorder Fostering
This training course is aimed at candidates who look after young people that have autism. Candidates will gain a better …
This training course is aimed at candidates who look after young people that have autism. Candidates will gain a better understanding of what autism is and the effect it has on the young people.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To understand the term ‘Autistic Spectrum Disorder (Condition)’
- To increase awareness of the challenges associated with the ASD and the triad of impairments
- To effectively understand the ASD perspective
- To gain a better understanding of triggers and behaviours
- To be able to “think and speak autistic” (Lawson)
This Course meets the Training, Support and Development standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011 / 2013.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.