Children and Domestic Violence Fostering
This course enables learners to understand the key issues facing these children, and how to help them develop resilience and …
This course enables learners to understand the key issues facing these children, and how to help them develop resilience and become more able to grow towards healthy and positive adults.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To increase understanding of the impact of domestic violence on children
- To explore the relationship between domestic violence/abuse on child protection and safeguarding procedures
- To explore the history of domestic violence
- To understand the impact of domestic violence on children and young people
- To develop strategies to enable young people to overcome experiences
- To help carers develop strategies and procedures to support children and young people who have experienced domestic violence
This Course meets the Training, Support and Development standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011 / 2013.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.