Communicating With Children Advanced Level Fostering
Children’s Home staff and foster carers needs to be able to communicate effectively with children and young people. The Communicating …
Children’s Home staff and foster carers needs to be able to communicate effectively with children and young people. The Communicating with Children and Young People online course enables carers to understand how the general principles of effective communication can be applied specifically to work with children and young people. It also addresses record keeping and confidentiality in the context of communicating with children.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- Identify what communication is
- Consider what rights children have too communication
- Identify skills to good communication
- Understand some good practice principles
- Consider UNICEF recommendations
- List some basic do’s & don’ts
This course meets the Training, Support and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011 / 2013.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.