Court Skills Fostering
This course will provide foster carers with an understanding of what is expected by a carer if they are expected …
This course will provide foster carers with an understanding of what is expected by a carer if they are expected to attend court with young people.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To demonstrate an understanding of ‘significant harm’ and the ‘threshold criteria’
- To identify the range of Orders available in child protection and their application within the court
- To demonstrate an understanding of the law relating to adoption and permanency planning, particularly the Adoption and Children Act 2002
- To explain the significance of case law and its importance for the legal process
- To describe how to prepare for a hearing
- To recognise how to conduct yourself around the courtroom
- To demonstrate skills in giving evidence in a confident manner, using clear and simple language
- To learn how to avoid pitfalls and withstand cross-examination
This Course meets the Training, Support and Development standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011 / 2013.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.