Designated Safeguarding Officer Advanced Level Childrens Home
To enable participants to become familiar with the role and responsibilities of the designated Safeguarding Lead Professional and develop competence …
To enable participants to become familiar with the role and responsibilities of the designated Safeguarding Lead Professional and develop competence and confidence in carrying out this role.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- Describe the role of the designated lead
- State key areas of responsibility
- Consider values & ethos
- Describe key legislation & guidance that underpins the role
- Identify the key terms
- Identify the steps TO take to ensure the safety of children
- Make appropriate decisions about action to be taken
- Understand the importance of recording, storing & sharing information
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 & Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.