Dyslexia Care Leavers
Dyslexia is a specific learning difficulty that primarily affects the skills involved in accurate and fluent word reading and spelling. …
Dyslexia is a specific learning difficulty that primarily affects the skills involved in accurate and fluent word reading and spelling. This can impact on literacy development, mathematics, memory, organisation and sequencing skills to varying degrees. This course is designed to provide an awareness and understanding of dyslexia, along with an overview of relevant practices.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To gain a better understanding of one of the conditions within a group known as Special Learning Disorders (SLD)
- To address the question – ‘what is dyslexia?’
- To gain an understanding of its effects
- To explore where dyslexia comes from
- To be able to identify the signs of dyslexia
- To explore what strategies can be implemented
This course is specifically for employee who work with Care Leavers and is fully Cpd accredited.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.
- 1 Credit
- UNLIMITED ACCESS
- Course Badge
- Course Certificate
- Includes Extensive Handbook
- Includes LOR – Learning Outcome Report
Search Course By Name
- ( 813 REVIEWS )1 Credit
- ( 67 REVIEWS )1 Credit
- ( 90 REVIEWS )1 Credit
- ( 857 REVIEWS )1 Credit
- ( 75 REVIEWS )1 Credit