Health And Nutrition Advanced Level Children Homes
This course will provide a good knowledge and understanding of nutrition, healthy food and diet and will explain the links …
This course will provide a good knowledge and understanding of nutrition, healthy food and diet and will explain the links between diet and health.
The course will help you to prepare nutritious, well balanced meals. This training provides an opportunity for carers to gain knowledge and skills around helping children and young people in care to have a healthy lifestyle and to be a healthy weight.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- Understanding of bad food choices and impact on health
- Gain a better understanding of the government Eatwell Guide.
- Consider how & why we make food selections
- Understanding of food label to inform food chioce
- Identify added sugar in our diets
- Identify how we can cut down on harmful food types such as sugar, salt and fats
- Gain an understanding of nutrients, vitamins & minerals role in maintaining health
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 & Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.