Paediatric First Aid Children’s Home
This course is perfect for anyone working with, or caring for, babies and children. The course will provide you with …
This course is perfect for anyone working with, or caring for, babies and children. The course will provide you with the skills to help a sick or injured child, prior to the arrival of emergency services. The course is specifically designed for delegates within fostering, residential homes and schools.
The key areas of the course are as follows:
- The role of a first aider, accident reporting and the first aid box
- Action planning in an emergency
- Primary and secondary assessments
- Recovery position
- Infant, child and adult resuscitation (CPR)
- Infant, child and adult action for choking
- Head injuries
- Allergic reactions and anaphylactic shock
- Treatment for bleeding, shock and burns
- Treatment for sprains, strains and fractures
- Poisoning, bites and stings
- Eye, nose and ear obstructions
- Childhood conditions
- Asthma and respiratory infections
- Diabetes, sickle-cell anaemia, meningitis
- Epilepsy and convulsions
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 & Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.