Preparation For Independence Advanced Level Fostering
Young people who are leaving care often do less well than their peers who have not experienced the care system. …
Young people who are leaving care often do less well than their peers who have not experienced the care system. Young people who have been in care are over-represented in prisons and in the homeless population. Young people who are in the care system are vulnerable group of young people who need additional help to ensure that they are prepared for leaving care and adulthood. Carers play a crucial role in this and must have the training and support that they require to help them work with this vulnerable group of young people.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- Consider problems faced in preparing young people for independence
- Understand the Children Leaving Care Act
- Identify some things we can do to help
- Identify the 4 steps of being prepared
- Consider the various domains of independent living
- Gain an understanding of goal setting
This course meets the Training, Support and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011 / 2013.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.