Safe Handling of Medication Children’s Home
This course will enable you to gain an understanding of the main principles of safe handling of medicines in order …
This course will enable you to gain an understanding of the main principles of safe handling of medicines in order to be able to minimise risk.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To understand the legislation involved with drug administering
- To follow procedures set for safe administration of medication
- To be able to use a Medication Administration Record (MAR) sheet
- To gain an understanding of the importance of confidentiality and security in all procedures of drug administering
- To understand Safe Storage of Medication and Temperatures
- To learn how to dispose of medication correctly
- To gain knowledge of self-medication
- To gain knowledge of the effective recording of medication in children services
- To gain knowledge on the different types of medications, including controlled and non-prescribed medication
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 & Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.