Safeguarding Children Advanced Level Fostering
This course is designed for individuals who work with children in either a paid or voluntary capacity. It relates to …
This course is designed for individuals who work with children in either a paid or voluntary capacity. It relates to the issues surrounding safeguarding children by exploring the concepts of “child vulnerability”, “child protection” and “significant harm”; coupled with the individual and organisational responsibilities of protecting children from abuse. Building on these concepts child abuse is explored and the four main forms of abuse, namely: physical abuse; emotional abuse; sexual abuse and neglect are explored. In addition the problem of bullying is investigated. The course will enable learner to recognise the signs of child abuse by focusing on examples as well as the behavioural and physical indicators.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- Recap on Abuse the effects and outcomes
- Abuse of a Position of trust
- Pre-conditions for Sexual Abuse
- What are Section 47 Investigations
- What are Strategy discussions
- Local Safeguarding Children’s Board duties
- Dealing with disclosure in Children’s Home
- Reporting Procedures in Children’s Home
This Course meets the Training, Support and Development standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011 / 2013.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.