- Fostering Advanced Level Online Courses
- Fostering Online All Courses
- Self Harm Advanced Level Fostering
Self Harm Advanced Level Fostering
Deliberate non-suicidal self-injury is the intentional cause of harm to one’s own body. More often, however, it is thought of …
Deliberate non-suicidal self-injury is the intentional cause of harm to one’s own body. More often, however, it is thought of as the coping with intense emotional distress by inflicting injury to oneself. It is more prevalent amongst young people, though by no means confined to them.
This course sets out to give a clear and effective approach to working with non-suicidal self-injury by providing young people with something that works better for them than harming themselves.
- Equip carers with an understanding of what self-harm is, the different types of self-harm and its prevalence
Provide an overview of the factors and triggers associated with self-harm
- Help staff develop an understanding of the range of functions self-harm can serve for young people
- Enable staff to learn helpful ways to respond to incidents of self-harm and support young people to work towards alternative coping strategies
This course meets the Training, Support and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011 / 2013.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.
- 1 Credit
- UNLIMITED ACCESS
- Course Badge
- Course Certificate
- Includes Extensive Handbook
- Includes LOR – Learning Outcome Report
Search Course By Name
- ( 813 REVIEWS )1 Credit
- ( 67 REVIEWS )1 Credit
- ( 90 REVIEWS )1 Credit
- ( 857 REVIEWS )1 Credit
- ( 75 REVIEWS )1 Credit