Therapeutic Care Fostering
Therapeutic care is a placement where a child or young person has undergone significant neglect or trauma and would benefit …
Therapeutic care is a placement where a child or young person has undergone significant neglect or trauma and would benefit greatly from therapeutic care. This type of care provides a child with a supportive foundation where they can build a trusting relationship with foster carers whilst they receive therapy to help them to overcome a traumatic experience or period in their lives.
The key areas of the course are as follows:
- What is therapeutic care?
- How do you establish a therapeutic relationship?
- Understanding behaviours of young people
- Where do behaviours come from?
- Choice and consequences for young people
- The importance of body language
- Strategies for young people
This Course meets the Training, Support and Development standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011 / 2013.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.