Understanding Children’s Play Fostering
This course provides a look at all levels of understanding and child development and enables learners to relate this to …
This course provides a look at all levels of understanding and child development and enables learners to relate this to their role in working with young people. Specifically, the course will aim to reframe children’s behaviour in the context of their play, encouraging you to consider how you might best support and respond to children’s natural play behaviours.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To gain a basic understanding of how children of all ages form attachments and how these affect their ongoing development
- To understand the important developmental needs of children and young people in your care
- To understand how play, hobbies and interests are important in children and young people’s learning and development
- To understand the contribution that family, caring and social networks make to the development of children and young people
- To increase the value you place on children’s play
- To raise the quality of play experiences in your settings
This Course meets the Training, Support and Development standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011 / 2013.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.