Vulnerable children having vulnerable children Fostering
This course focuses on understanding that many teenage parents are known to the social care system themselves and, as a …
This course focuses on understanding that many teenage parents are known to the social care system themselves and, as a result, both them and their unborn child will require additional support.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To learn how to recognise children at risk of early sexual activity, STDs and pregnancy
- To understand the impact of early parenthood on young people
- To understand the impact of vulnerable young parents on the attachment process and appropriate care of a child
- To know how to support vulnerable young parents in creating greater stability in their and their children’s lives
- To be able to work with other agencies to provide appropriate support
This Course meets the Training, Support and Development standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011 / 2013.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.