Working with Disabled Children Children’s Home
This course enables residential carers to address issues associated with working with disabled children, and develop the basic knowledge and …
This course enables residential carers to address issues associated with working with disabled children, and develop the basic knowledge and skills to work effectively with a diverse range of children and young people.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To understand the social model of disability in relation to working with disabled children and young people
- To understand the inclusion needs of disabled children and young people
- To recognise the added vulnerability that some disabled children and young people may be face
- To understand the discrimination of disabled young people in peer groups as well as in wider society
- To explore strategies to ensure disabled children are able to achieve their full potential
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 & Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.