Advanced Safe Handling of Medication Care Leavers
This one day course is for Registered Managers, Deputy Managers and Team Leaders within a Children’s Home. The course focuses …
This one day course is for Registered Managers, Deputy Managers and Team Leaders within a Children’s Home. The course focuses on the importance of following legislation within children’s homes, understanding the roles and responsibilities of the residential care workers and the managements responsibilities towards the care workers and young people. The course also looks at the importance of effective reporting and recording.
The key areas of the course are as follows:
- Identify the various pieces of legislation that are relevant to Children’s Homes including the Children Home Regulations 2015
- Principles of Medication Policy
- Consider the various terms used around medications
- Understand your responsibilities when it comes to safe handling of medication
- Explore commonly used medications by young people and the side effects
- Understand Control Drugs
- Identify routes of medication
- What to do if something goes wrong – Reporting Procedures
- Importance of Recording and how to Record
This course is specifically for employee who work with Care Leavers and is fully Cpd accredited.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.